Long days at home inspiring you to invite even more flexibility (and eventually guests) into your space? The good news: you no longer have to choose between comfort, style and practicality when picking a sofa bed. Modern designs seamlessly combine these qualities, without compromising on the look of your living room. Read on for our top 5.
1. Haru’s a great option if you’re short on space (and budget). Elegant accent chair by day – it’ll look the part in your living room or home office – it swiftly unfolds into a single bed by night. And did we mention the lush pink velvet?
2. Make the most of small spaces with Motti. A modern, no-nonsense design, it’s available in a range of muted colours. The slim metal legs will make your room appear more airy and spacious, and the pull-out mechanism is quick and easy to use, so you can settle down to a good night's sleep in no time.
3. As versatile and inviting as the others, with a speedy click-clack system (the fixed cushions mean minimal fuss to set up or put back), Yoko will add a vibrant pop of colour to your space. The soft upholstered fabric’s pretty great, too.
4. Vintage lovers, your dreams are made of Branagh. This Chesterfield style has a traditional buttoned back, scrolled arms and deep bouncy seats. It’s an opulent affair both as a traditional couch and a bed, thanks to its super-comfy pocket-sprung mattress.
5. We love Milner for its sociable and streamlined silhouette. This sprawling and luxurious L-shaped settee is effortlessly elegant, but take a closer look and you’ll see there’s more to it than meets the eye: a thick memory foam mattress and sizeable storage space. The ultimate investment piece.