Yulia Aleksandrova has an eye for emerging trends. Here at MADE, she’s the person who delivers daily inspiration to our social media channels. And now that we’re all spending a lot more time indoors – and probably a little more time in bed – we wanted to get her take on what new bedroom trends are emerging online. From dreamy 80s pastels to statement shapes, read on for Yulia’s trend report.
1. Bedrooms in inky blues were the thing on Instagram for a long time. But since the beginning of this year, I’m seeing much softer, washed-out colours – with a sprinkling of neon here and there. After having made its way into our wardrobes a few seasons ago, the 80s has definitely arrived in our bedroom interiors.
2. In line with that slightly romantic vibe, the statement headboard is back. Reminiscent of design hotels like The Hoxton or Soho House, they invite you to linger – and to take your time with breakfast in bed on Sunday mornings.
3. These days, bedrooms are treated more and more like a peaceful oasis because of our increased relationship with technology and social media. This new ‘offline bedroom’ puts an emphasis on materials that are naturally tactile: linen, stonewashed cotton and sheepskin, for example.
4. Light takes centre stage – yes, even in the coming summer months. Lamps made from fine glass are a must on our night stands. They’re elegant, dreamy and cast beautiful shadows even when switched off.
5. A key piece that’ll soon find its way into our homes: a large free-standing mirror in a rounded silhouette. They’re classic, uncomplicated designs that make small bedrooms appear bigger, and are perfect for #ootd photo opportunities.
Article written by: Lisa Wenske